0
Under review

Wrong Time Zone When Synchronising With Outlook

destwd 2 years ago updated by Ana Loraine 2 years ago 4

I know that this has already been raised but I haven't seen a satisfactory fix for the problem and it seems rather fundamental to a calendar/task planning app that it synchronises with other calendars correctly. (In particular Outlook Office 365)


It was suggested in reply to another post that WeekPlan automatically selects the correct timezone but this is not the case.


I responded to that post but I don't believe I got a reply from anyone at WeekPlan (I was a rather old posting).


I am in Central Europe but the app is setting my time to Central USA time zone. Which means until this is fixed I am not able to use WeekPlan for scheduling my work activities where I have to share appointments with others via Outlook. I hope this can be resolved quickly.


Kind Regards

An Otherwise Happy User

App:
Web app
Under review

Hi,


Thank you for reaching out.


Our apologies if the time zone from your calendars is not in sync. May we ask if you tried changing the timezone on your account settings based on the timezone from your Outlook account?





Hi Ana,


Thanks for your reply.


Yep already checked that. I looks like this is actually an Outlook thing and NOT A WEEKPLAN think. Trying now to find a solution on Microsoft site but if you have any information that is helpful please share.


I have checked the time zones on my laptop OS (Windows 10), and on Outlook 2016 and on WeekPlan and they are all the same. However when I create an appointment in WeekPlan it synchronises using UCT time but ONLY IN THE OFFICE 2016 CLIENT.


In Office 365 the date shows without a timezone and at the correct time. In the Outlook 2016 client, when I open the appointment details it shows me the Coordinated Universal Time!


It shows the correct local time on the actual calendar but when I open the appointment I get this. Which is annoying if I want to change the time of the appointment in the Outlook 2016 client.


I have spent an hour looking on Microsoft support for anything about this but haven't found the solution. Except for the usual Outlook last resort of uninstalling, clearing the cache, deleting profiles and then reinstalling. I don't want to do that and I'm pretty sure it's not going to fix this particular issue.

I have done some further reading on various forums and it seems like this is a "known issue". Which means they know about it and will get around to fixing it sometime. I will just manage my appointments directly in WeekPlan rather than using the Outlook client. Once again thank you for your earlier reply, please consider this support ticket closed. Kind Regards Destwd

Hi, Destwd!


Thank you for sending those details through. 


I have forwarded this to our dev team for further checking. We'll get back to you as soon as we have an update.


Thank you for understanding.