Best practices for the Objective part:
- Make it inspiring (bad: 'Stop sucking at customer support' good: 'Provide a world class support')
- Keep it short but explicit (bad: 'Ownership' good: 'Build a culture of ownership')
- If it is the first time you do OKRs, we recommend starting with only one or two objectives max for the quarter.
- An OKR is meant to represent areas you want to improve. For engineering, you might only be able to spend 20% on OKR related work where other departments might spend most of their time in OKR related work.
Best practices for the Key Result part:
- The key result should measure progress, not activity (bad: 'Write 10 articles', good: 'Reach 10000 readers')
Customer support service by UserEcho